Monday, January 12, 2015

Living in the United States with a Green Card

Many are dreaming to come to the United States to live and to work here for various reasons. The working conditions are better than in other countries especially for women who are not appreciated as professionals and entrepreneur in their home countries.

To make this dream a reality you have to know the available visa options that allows you to stay legally in United States for a longer period of time than the 90 days that are covered under the Waiver Visa Program.

In case that you have already an employment offer from a United States Company – and there are many companies hiring well educated individuals – your way is easier to a Green Card than without a job offer. Your employer will help you with this visa process.

In case that you are an entrepreneur you have the choice among several visa categories that provides you with the opportunity to do business in the United States and awards you the Green Card in the long run. You have to invest a substantial amount of money into your business in the United States and your company has to employ several American Citizens.

The easiest and quickest way to get the Green Card is the EB-5 Visa. This visa grants you nearly immediately the Green Card. However, the hardest part is the monetary requirement. Your investment must be at least $500,000.00 and produce at least 10 new full-time jobs. When you are not comfortable to invest in your own business, there are also government project available in which you can invest and that qualify for your Green Card.

For more information on the topic please contact us at